Timothy Prive

Timothy Prive
Timothy Prive (Author)

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Why The Pen Name T. H. Rahman

People have asked on many occasions why I use the pen name T. H. Rahman as an author name instead of using my original name. Well to explain it, I use T. H. Rahman as a dedication to my family.
To begin with, the "T" is for my first name and my son’s first name, Timothy.
The "H" is the first letter of my middle initial and the first letter of my grandfather’s first name, Harold.
"Rahman" is my mother's maiden name, my grandmother's married last name along with my grandfather’s last name.
My grandparents had two daughters, but no sons. Since there were no sons, there is no one to carry the family name. I decided to dedicate my pen name to the family in order to continue the Rahman legacy.

No comments:

Post a Comment